As a member of our online alumni community, you will have access to our Alumni Directory where you can find connections and keep your own profile up-to-date. To get started or to login, please click the button below. Questions? Contact our Alumni Office.
2016 SJRAA AGM Announcement
Please see the agenda for the SJRAA AGM which is scheduled for Wednesday, June 1, 2016 from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in Robinson-Wolinsky Hall at St. John's-Ravenscourt School.
Living abroad or in another province? If you cannot attend the meeting, but would like to call in, please contact Joan Banman Cristo ’83, Alumni Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204.477.2417 for instructions on how to do so.
We have also included the minutes of our last 2015 AGM for your reference.
Are you looking to give back to the School or to reconnect?
We are looking for alumni who are interested in joining the Board of Directors or serving on one of the many SJRAA committees (committee members do not have to be Board members) and contributing to the growth of the SJRAA.
The SJRAA nominating committee is preparing a list of nominees to be presented at the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. The nominating committee is particularly interested in ensuring that SJR’s boarding alumni community is well represented.
If you are interested in serving on the Board, one of the committees, or wish to nominate fellow alumni, please submit your name or nomination to Joan Banman Cristo '83, Alumni Coordinator, by Monday, May 2, 2016. Please use the attached letter of intent and return to the alumni office by the required date. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.
Joan Banman Cristo '83
Please help us keep in touch with you - If you’ve recently changed your address or contact particulars, remember to advise us; we value our connection to you!
About the Alumni Association (SJRAA)
The SJRAA is comprised of over 7,000 alumni from across Canada and around the world. Contact between members of the Association and the School is maintained through the alumni publication (Focus), email, reunions and gatherings (both on and off campus).
We are building our Class Captain program and are looking for individuals to represent their grade.
What is a Class Captain?
- A Class Captain is an alumni volunteer who helps keep classmates connected to SJR and proactively encourages classmates to attend alumni events.
The role as a Class Captain includes:
- Inviting classmates back to SJR for events.
- Assisting the Advancement office to encourage classmates to support SJR through a reunion giving program.
- Assisting the Alumni Office in locating addresses of fellow classmates.
- Encouraging communication of updates and news for Focus magazine.
- Keeping in touch with the alumni office so we can make the job a successful one!
A Class captain cannot work on their own! They need the support and enthusiasm of their classmates.
What help is available to the Class Captains?
- The Alumni Office will help in every possible way to make each class reunion a success! We will prepare and e-mail messages to classmates, put the Class Captain in touch with other class captains who can give some ideas and are available to answer questions as the program develops.
Why consider serving as a Class Captain?
- It is not a difficult or time-consuming task and it is a lot of fun to touch base with former classmates. Our office will assist you in every way. If you have questions or ideas for your reunion or special projects in celebration of your honored year, please feel free to contact us.
Interested in becoming a Class Captain? Get in touch!