Strive to Excel ~ Serve with Humility ~ Lead with Integrity
St. John’s-Ravenscourt School (SJR) provides a respectful learning community for our students that inspires academic excellence, creative expression, active healthy living and social responsibility in order to develop compassionate and confident individuals. SJR is an independent co-educational Kindergarten to Grade 12 university-preparatory day and boarding school. We are currently recruiting for the positions of:
MAINTENANCE / ARENA WORKER
The Maintenance/Arena Worker:
- is responsible to perform a wide variety of maintenance related duties within the School facilities and to the surrounding grounds;
- is responsible for completing prioritized task lists and to follow up on the assigned projects to ensure satisfactory completion;
- is responsible for keeping the facilities and grounds clean, safe and secure;
- will provide technical advice and assistance to the Supervisor of Facilities & Maintenance when required.
- will be required to work weekends and evening shifts and participate in an “on-call” schedule and respond to emergency calls.
- Minimum Grade Twelve or GED equivalent
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certification
- 5th Class Power Engineering Certification & Refrigeration Class “W” Certification
- Minimum 2 years experience in arena, building and grounds maintenance
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to organize and complete work assignments in a timely manner
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in several areas of maintenance (e.g., plumbing, painting, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, HVAC systems, field/ playground maintenance, and furniture repair)
- WHMIS and occupational health and safety courses
- Team player who has excellent organizational and communication skills
- Analytical and mechanical aptitude an asset
- Excellent integrity & demonstrated initiative
- Good time management skills
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain the School buildings and equipment in a safe and efficient operating condition. Includes, but not limited to:
- Maintain facilities safety systems – fire, sprinkler, emergency lighting, electronic doors and cctv
- Operate the boilers and their associated controls – perform guarded status checks
- Monitor conventional and DDC energy management HVAC systems
- Perform minor plumbing, electrical, mechanical and carpentry repairs
- Identify maintenance problems and bring them to the attention of the Supervisor of Facilities & Maintenance
- Participates in preventative maintenance programs
- Maintain electrical, lighting, plumbing, heating and ventilation systems
Maintain the School’s arena in a safe and efficient operating condition. Includes, but not limited to:
- Operate and maintain the ice resurfacing machine and ice edger in the arena
- Inspect and repair boards, kick strips and trim as required
- Cleans arena boards and glass as required
- Monitors condition and quality of ice, brine temperatures and reports malfunctions to Supervisor of Facilities & Maintenance
- Replaces broken arena glass panels and hardware
- Maintains cleanliness of arena
Ensures the School operates in a safe and efficient manner. Includes, but not limited to:
- Maintain inspection reports, monitoring equipment operation and utility consumption.
- Perform emergency repairs.
- Report fire or medical emergencies.
- Indentify and control risks.
- Maintain roadways, parking lots, walkways and entrances clear of ice and snow.
- Follows safety regulations.
- Interact with staff and students in a professional manner.
- Assist in “set up” requirements for all School events.
- Perform other duties as required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit applications including a personal statement of educational philosophy, detailed resumé and the names of three references at their earliest convenience to:
Ms. Michelle Woods, B.A., H.R.M.
Human Resources Coordinator
St. John’s-Ravenscourt School
400 South Drive
Winnipeg, MB R3T 3K5
By submitting an application for employment, applicants consent to the School conducting inquiries into suitability for employment by contacting references provided and/or former employers, verification of academic records and any information publicly available online, including social media. The duration of this consent is limited from the time of my application to the time that hiring for the 2017-2018 school year is completed. This information will not be shared with any other organization or individual outside of the School, without your request or prior authorization, unless required or permitted by law.
SJR encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.