SJR offers a substantial number of scholarships annually.
All of these awards are made to worthy students on the basis of demonstrated potential and achievements in the School’s four mission pillars: academic achievement, creative expression, active healthy living, and social responsibility.
The School offers scholarships in the following categories:
- Entrance Scholarships are available to new students entering Grades 6 – 12.
- Awards are based on admissions information and interviews; no additional applications or process required.
- Entrance scholarships are awarded to new students on the first year of entrance and are held for one year only.
- Internal Scholarships are awarded to qualifying students already enrolled at SJR (Grades 6 – 12)
- Most internal scholarship awards are held for one year only, subject to the policies governing the administration of all scholarships and bursaries.
- Students do not generally have to apply for internal scholarships; these awards are granted by the School’s faculty based upon achievement in the School’s four mission pillars. Where a specific application for the scholarship is required, students will be notified of requirements and deadlines through the School’s internal communication systems.
- Boarding Scholarships are awarded to new qualifying boarding students (Grades 8 – 12).
- Boarding entrance scholarships are held until graduation, subject to the policies governing the administration of all scholarships and bursaries.
- University Scholarships are awarded to qualifying Grade 12 students graduating from SJR.
Director of Admissions & Marketing