1866

Bishop Machray (1866-1904) was consecrated as the new Bishop of Rupert’s Land and saw the revival of St. John’s Collegiate School and College in 1866. 
He saw that both education institutions would benefit both the church and the settlement since their functions as a mission centre, heritage and classical schools had produced both a native clergy and competent scholars under Bishop Anderson’s efforts. Machray also later in 1874 made the technical change in the collegiates name to officially become St. John’s College School (SJCS).
Back
SJR is proud to be accredited and affiliated with several local, national and international educational organizations.

Manitoba Education and Early Childhood Learning has created the Office of the Commissioner of Teacher Professional Conduct to review concerns about the professional conduct or competence of certified teachers and school clinicians. Find out more at www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/commissioner/index.html.